Thursday, May 7, 2015

The Benefits of House Plants


So recently I've acquired two little succulents to keep in my bedroom, which is something I had avoided doing for a while due to the fact that I tend to be forgetful and would probably neglect watering them and giving them proper care. But I've decided that it might actually be a good idea to have some new responsibility.
I've been reading up on succulents and other houseplants on the internet, and have learned that they're actually good for lot of things besides decoration!
  • Easier breathing! When you breathe, your body takes in oxygen and released carbon dioxide. Plants absorb carbon dioxide, as well as toxins, and release oxygen.
  • Improve health! Now, while bringing plants and flowers to someone in the hospital has become to cliche for most, some researchers say that plants can help speed up recovery of surgical patients. Plants also produce moisture in the air, which decreases your chances of getting a cold or the flu!
  • Better focus! It's said that just being around plants while you're working can improve your concentration, memory, and productivity. I always find myself slacking off when I'm supposed to be drawing or working on a project, so this was great news for me!
  • Reduce stress and headaches with cacti! Some electronic devices, such as computers, emit small amounts of EMF radiation, which can have some bad effects on your body. Keeping a lil' cactus buddy or two on your desk or wherever you work on the computer can help absorb these emissions to ease minor headaches and reduce electromagnetic stress. Yay!
  • But one of the most important reasons, in my opinion, is that plants can make you happy. Our moods and thoughts are constantly affected by our surroundings, so having our plant friends around can help you to feel more optimistic and reduce sadness.
So there you have it! I've learned a lot from reading about house plants, and I hope this helps you learn something new as well. But the bottom line of this whole post is that plants are awesome, and are really great friends to keep around!


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments :

Post a Comment